HJM offers the full complement of intellectual property and technology services. They range from traditional copyright, trademark, trade secret and patent issues to the developing law of the Internet and computers, with licensing and litigation expertise in all areas.
- IP assessments and proposalsIn the legal issues of intellectual property, we assist our clients in assessing the status of its IP rights and accordingly render proposals. We help them develop enforceable IP strategies which may give best available protection to its IP assets during employments, negotiations, transactions and other business operations.
- Trademark serviceHJM conducts trademark research and evaluation for the clients. We represent our clients to file trademark applications, oppositions and appeals. We also on behalf of our clients negotiate with other third party for trademark licensing or transaction.
- Patent serviceHJM provides clients with patent strategies. By examining the nature of our client’s products, HJM prepares patent legal opinion on whether and how to apply for the invention patent, the innovation patent, the utility model, and the design patent. At the clients’ requests, we represent them in patent applications, registrations and oppositions
- Copyrights registrationHJM may assist or represent the clients in making copyrights registration at customs, Copyrights Bureau or other governmental authorities.
Our track record:
- Advising a Canadian IT company on making trademark application and opposition
- Advising a Canadian saw-manufacturing company on making trademark strategy
- Advising a UAE IT company on negotiating with other trademark holders
- Advising an American shoes company on trademark protective strategies
- Advising a German trading company on how to solve the conflict between trademark and copyrights
- Advising a Canadian and a UAE company on IP transactions and trademark sub-licensing
- Advising a Canadian client on the registration of copyrights at customs